Introducing The Show
January 7th, 2017
4 mins 23 secs
About this Episode
- Hello and welcome to the Data Engineering Podcast, the show about modern data infrastructure
- Go to dataengineeringpodcast.com to subscribe to the show, sign up for the newsletter, read the show notes, and get in touch.
- You can help support the show by checking out the Patreon page which is linked from the site.
- To help other people find the show you can leave a review on iTunes, or Google Play Music, share it on social media, and tell your friends and co-workers.
- I’m your host, Tobias Macey, and today I’m speaking with Maxime Beauchemin about what it means to be a data engineer.
- Who am I
- Systems administrator and software engineer, now DevOps, focus on automation
- Host of Podcast.__init__
- How did I get involved in data management
- Why am I starting a podcast about Data Engineering
- Interesting area with a lot of activity
- Not currently any shows focused on data engineering
- What kinds of topics do I want to cover
- Data stores
- Best practices
- Common challenges
- Defining the role/job hunting
- Relationship with data engineers/data analysts
- Get in touch and subscribe
The intro and outro music is from The Hug by The Freak Fandango Orchestra / CC BY-SA
Support Data Engineering Podcast