Artificial intelligence applications require substantial high quality data, which is provided through ETL pipelines. Now that AI has reached the level of sophistication seen in the various generative models it is being used to build new ETL workflows. In this episode Jay Mishra shares his experiences and insights building ETL pipelines with the help of generative AI.
- Hello and welcome to the Data Engineering Podcast, the show about modern data management
- Introducing RudderStack Profiles. RudderStack Profiles takes the SaaS guesswork and SQL grunt work out of building complete customer profiles so you can quickly ship actionable, enriched data to every downstream team. You specify the customer traits, then Profiles runs the joins and computations for you to create complete customer profiles. Get all of the details and try the new product today at dataengineeringpodcast.com/rudderstack
- This episode is brought to you by Datafold – a testing automation platform for data engineers that finds data quality issues before the code and data are deployed to production. Datafold leverages data-diffing to compare production and development environments and column-level lineage to show you the exact impact of every code change on data, metrics, and BI tools, keeping your team productive and stakeholders happy. Datafold integrates with dbt, the modern data stack, and seamlessly plugs in your data CI for team-wide and automated testing. If you are migrating to a modern data stack, Datafold can also help you automate data and code validation to speed up the migration. Learn more about Datafold by visiting dataengineeringpodcast.com/datafold
- You shouldn't have to throw away the database to build with fast-changing data. You should be able to keep the familiarity of SQL and the proven architecture of cloud warehouses, but swap the decades-old batch computation model for an efficient incremental engine to get complex queries that are always up-to-date. With Materialize, you can! It’s the only true SQL streaming database built from the ground up to meet the needs of modern data products. Whether it’s real-time dashboarding and analytics, personalization and segmentation or automation and alerting, Materialize gives you the ability to work with fresh, correct, and scalable results — all in a familiar SQL interface. Go to dataengineeringpodcast.com/materialize today to get 2 weeks free!
- As more people start using AI for projects, two things are clear: It’s a rapidly advancing field, but it’s tough to navigate. How can you get the best results for your use case? Instead of being subjected to a bunch of buzzword bingo, hear directly from pioneers in the developer and data science space on how they use graph tech to build AI-powered apps. . Attend the dev and ML talks at NODES 2023, a free online conference on October 26 featuring some of the brightest minds in tech. Check out the agenda and register at Neo4j.com/NODES.
- Your host is Tobias Macey and today I'm interviewing Jay Mishra about the applications for generative AI in the ETL process
- How did you get involved in the area of data management?
- What are the different aspects/types of ETL that you are seeing generative AI applied to?
- What kind of impact are you seeing in terms of time spent/quality of output/etc.?
- What kinds of projects are most likely to benefit from the application of generative AI?
- Can you describe what a typical workflow of using AI to build ETL workflows looks like?
- What are some of the types of errors that you are likely to experience from the AI?
- Once the pipeline is defined, what does the ongoing maintenance look like?
- Is the AI required to operate within the pipeline in perpetuity?
- For individuals/teams/organizations who are experimenting with AI in their data engineering workflows, what are the concerns/questions that they are trying to address?
- What are the most interesting, innovative, or unexpected ways that you have seen generative AI used in ETL workflows?
- What are the most interesting, unexpected, or challenging lessons that you have learned while working on ETL and generative AI?
- When is AI the wrong choice for ETL applications?
- What are your predictions for future applications of AI in ETL and other data engineering practices?
- From your perspective, what is the biggest gap in the tooling or technology for data management today?
- Thank you for listening! Don't forget to check out our other shows. Podcast.__init__ covers the Python language, its community, and the innovative ways it is being used. The Machine Learning Podcast helps you go from idea to production with machine learning.
- Visit the site to subscribe to the show, sign up for the mailing list, and read the show notes.
- If you've learned something or tried out a project from the show then tell us about it! Email email@example.com) with your story.
- To help other people find the show please leave a review on Apple Podcasts and tell your friends and co-workers
- Data Vault
- Star Schema
- GPT == Generative Pre-trained Transformer
- Entity Resolution